Are You Looking for a Way to Add Comfort to Your Home?

Retractable patio shade

There is no doubt about it. People love to relax in the great outdoors and enjoy all the beauty that mother nature has to offer. However, the temperatures of the summer can sometimes become oppressive. If you are looking for a way to increase the comfort of your home, improve your defense against the cancer causing rays of the sun, and reduce your air conditioning costs, look no further than awnings for homes.

  • Shield Your Eyes and Your Skin
  • %3Cbr%3E

    Did you know, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation, two million Americans are diagnosed with at least one skin cancer annually? Sun awnings can help. They can reduce UV rays by 77%. Subsequently, they reduce your chance for dis Continue reading

twittergoogle_plusby feather

Understanding Your Home Heating Efficiency

Energy efficient home heating

When talking about your home heating system, it is important to understand the relationship between energy efficiency and energy costs. For example, the most efficient home heating systems, according to energy ratings, may not actually be the most affordable.

By federal law, all home heating systems are required to display a value known as the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency rating, or AFUE, so that consumers can more easily compare models. A heating system with an AFUE of 87% will convert that percentage of fuel into heat for the home, while the remaining 13% escapes through chimneys or other exhaust ports. This leads one to believe that the higher an AFUE rating, the lower your energy costs. But there is another factor… what kind of fuel does the system use, and how much does that fuel co Continue reading

twittergoogle_plusby feather

Dress Up Your Home with Attractive Awnings

Outdoor patio shades and blinds

Homeowners routinely spend thousands of dollars to improve the aesthetics of their homes. This can include everything from gazebos to fountains to expensive stone facings. For some reason, many homeowners tend to overlook how much outdoor awnings and shades can add to their homes. In fact, outdoor blinds and awnings are not only aesthetically pleasing, but can supply enough shade to help homeowners save considerably on air conditioning costs.

Some of the earliest awnings date back to the Colosseum in Ancient Rome, and were used to protect the Roman leaders from the sun. These Ancient Roman awnings were called velarium, and were actually retractable equivalents of the motorized awnings of to Continue reading

twittergoogle_plusby feather