Updating any part of your home’s exterior is a great way to improve its look and functionality. However, sometimes it can be tempting to put off big projects like roof repair or gutter installation. Updating your home’s vinyl exterior is no exception.
Though you may think that installing new siding is an expensive hassle, replacing vinyl siding regularly actually has many benefits. Next time you feel like procrastinating on a siding project, remember these five perks of getting the job done for some much-needed motivation:
- Lower Repair Costs When maintained properly, siding can last up to 40 years. However, maintenance can only go so far. By replacing siding when its time is up, you can save yourself the money needed to fix the problems that come with broken or aging vinyl siding. Old siding that is no longer effective can let in moisture or pests that damage the structure underneath. Wood, insulation, and other materials not protected by siding can begin to deteriorate; these damages become costly quickly.
- Greater Energy Efficiency New vinyl siding often has greater insulation ability than old and outdated siding, which keeps your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. By updating siding, you might notice that your energy bills decrease, which is great for both your budget and the environment.
- Change Your Home’s Look Updating and replacing your vinyl siding creates the opportunity for your house to try on a new color or style. New siding can help your home stay current with style trends, and it can boost its overall curb appeal.
- Greater Resale Value Another benefit of up-to-date vinyl siding is that it is a renovation known for boosting resale value. A more beautiful home will attract buyers, and a home with an updated, high-quality exterior will close deals at a higher price point. If you’re looking to sell your home, paying for a project like new siding might actually make you money in the long run.
- Weather Resistance Finally, replacing old siding gives homeowners the chance to invest in protection against storms and other weather events. Replacing old and poor-quality siding with wind and weather-resistant vinyl can make your home’s exterior last longer through both normal weather and unexpected catastrophes.
Use these benefits to stay motivated about replacing your exterior. New vinyl siding can protect your home from the elements and your wallet from unexpected expenses.