Even before the day that you moved in to your home the kitchen cabinets have bothered you. At the time, and possibly because it was the first time that you built a new home, you never realized that you would have to ask for hidden hinges on your kitchen cupboards. You signed off on the fronts of the cabinet and personally selected the stain, but it never crossed your mind that you would have had to ask for hidden hinges. Realizing the problem too late in the process, however, you have lived with the clunky exposed hinges for more than 20 years. Finally, with an opportunity to plan a remodel for the kitchen, the use of SOSS invisible hinges are a top priority.
Finding the right kind of door and cabinet hardware and accessories is an important design decision that first time home buyers may not understand. Builders, for instance, may work with cabinet makers who have also used decorative hinge options instead of the more sleek look of upgrades like SOSS invisible hinges.
Cabinet Designs Can Add Beauty and Function to Your Home
Whether you are building your first or fifth home, it is important that you have careful conversations with your builder to make sure that you understand the decisions that you can make for free, as well as those that may not come with extra charges. Consider these facts and figures about the kitchen remodeling process and the many decisions that can help you create the space of your dreams:
- the latest research indicates that home owners remodel more than 14.2 million bathrooms and 10.2 million kitchens a year.
- Of these renovations, cabinetry generally account for 40% to 50% of total kitchen remodel costs.
- Compared to 41% of Baby Boomers, 47% of Millennials are likely to choose white kitchen cabinets.
- Of the top 20 metro areas in the U.S., San Francisco home owners spend the most money on kitchen remodels, averaging nearly $70,000 for a large kitchen.
- By the year 2021, U.S. kitchen cabinet demand is projected to grow to almost $17.1 billion.
If you are unhappy with the hinge decisions that are a part of your kitchen you likely cannot walk in to your space without noticing them. Making sure that you are aware of all the choices that you need to make can prevent you from creating a space that does not satisfy you.