Your friends and family are filling their social media news feeds with picture of pumpkins and falling leaves. Although you enjoy the fact that their are others who enjoy this time of the year, your reality is always the same as you enter the month of October: rodents. Every time that the temperatures drop and some of the vegetation begins to freeze, it seems that every little rodent in the area finds your garage as a refuge.
After years of trying to tackle this problem on your own, you have decided that this year you will contact a professional rodent control service. Wildlife control can be tricky in a time when more and more people are concerned about the environment, so it is often important to make sure that you are working with the right rodent control service.
Do You Battle with Rodents When the Temperatures Start to Fall?
Professional rodent removal services are an important part of the transitions that many people have to make when summer comes to an end and the arrival of cold temperatures in just around the corner. Avoiding damage from animals that find their way into your home is not easy if you do not get a handle on the situation early. Once animals have made their way inside and have created a home for themselves, the problem can be even more difficult to handle.
Consider these facts and figures about the rodent removal industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- Rats breed very fast. In fact, two rats in an ideal environment could turn into a population of 482 million rats in a mere three years.
- Not only a problem in the country, rats also thrive in urban environments. In fact, because of the abundance of trash and hiding places, the three most rat filled cities in America are: Chicago, New York City, and Washington, D.C.
- Rodents such as mice and rats consume or contaminate up to 20% of the world’s food supply, according to the National Pest Management Association.
- Without the pest control industry, rodents and bugs would destroy 50% of our food supply, according to estimates by the National Pest Management Association.
- Nusiance calls connected to rat-related animals have risen sharply in recent years. In Chicago, for instance, rodent-related calls increased by 61%. In comparison, they increased by 129% in New York City and 174% in San Francisco.
Fall can be a beautiful time of the year: leaves that create a vibrant canopy and pumpkins that are as beautiful carved as they are delicious in a pie. If you live in a place where there are rodents who are searching for a new home once the temperatures drop you might find yourself dealing with problems instead of enjoying the splendors of the season. Effective rodent control can help you eliminate problems that caused by rats, bats, and other creatures.