As home owners prepare to upgrade their current houses and builders plan for new homes, it should come as no surprise that there is an increasing emphasis on creating spaces that are more energy efficient. From the installation of the most efficient light fixtures to making sure that homes have the newest heating and cooling systems, it is important to make sure you are able to use the materials that will save you the most money, as well as good for the environment.
Both residential and commercial electricity services provide a wide range of products. Researching the kind of light fixtures, heating and cooling systems, and other features in your home can help you create the best setting for your home and help you cut energy costs.
Local Energy Services Provide Customers the Information They Need to Make the Most Efficient Choices
Whether you are the owner of a house that is 20 or 30 years old or you are a first time home buyer who is looking to build the most energy efficient place, it is important to work with your local utilities provider to know about any local programs that are available.
Consider these facts and figures about the use of electricity and the different ways that residential and property owners are looking to limit these costs:
- The typical family spends about $2,200 per year on utilities, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- This means that the average American home spends nearly 2.7% of their income on energy bills.
- It is important to nplug things like televisions and computers to lower your electric bill, because 75% of the energy used by home electronics is consumed when these items are turned off.
- Installing solar panels can decrease a household’s carbon footprint by an average of 35,180 pounds of carbon dioxide every year.
- Providing up to 85% more light output, LEDs use only 15% of the energy a standard halogen light uses.
- Air conditioners use about 5% of all the electricity produced in the U.S., so it is important to make sure that you have the most efficient unit possible.
Realizing that there are ways that you can cut the energy costs in your home is the first step in making changes that will help you regulate your company or family budget. By installing the latest energy efficient bulbs and light fixtures, you are able to create the best kind of setting for yourself, your family, or your employees.