Home renovations are stressful for most of us to achieve, there are certain times when a simple DIY job won’t do the trick with an elaborate project. Although many homeowners would prefer to do their renovations themselves to restore their homes, specific projects that include fence installation might require residential fencing professional to secure the fencing for your home correctly. Enlisting the help of a professional ensures there are little to no mistakes when building the ideal fence for a homeowner to design a remarkable fence that assists with providing a homeowner’s safety. There is also increasing popularity of fences for homes in recent years—the U.S fencing market was valued at nearly $7 million in 2016, and from 2012 to 2017, the U.S fencing market grew 6.2% annually. For homeowners, the increase of fencing to compliment a home places them at an advantage for numerous professional fence installation services to meet the demands of adding a fence.
Choosing The Right Fence
When deciding between adding a fence around your property, it’s important to factor in what you’re looking for before making a decision. Fencing your home can be a great addition when focusing on the sense of safety and comfort it brings—they can also add a certain aesthetic, character and value to a property.
1. What purpose will the fence serve? Fence installation is an excellent resource for commercial or residential areas that want a bit more safety. Depending on how much privacy is desired, a fence can be the ideal addition to the property to provide a complete or partial shield from the surrounding areas.
2. How secure will the fence be? When consulting a residential or commercial fence contractor, make sure to ask questions about standard fencings, such as logistics, price, and safety to determine if you need a custom-designed fence to meet your needs. There is an array of fences to choose from including wooden entrance gates, and even electric gates that provide an additional layer of security. On average, the minimum cost of a six-foot privacy fence is nearly $7 linear foot per material, but permits are not typically required for a privacy fence unless it reaches 7 feet, unless it’s used as a swimming pool barrier.
3. I want to ensure my fence has an aesthetic appeal: For most home and business fencing options, there are a wide array of fence installation options available to create a custom-made fence that can dramatically alter the appearance of a property to give it a pleasing appeal that organically draws admirers.
What Are The Choices In Fencing Materials?
No matter what your styling choices are during fence installation, there’s always something that fits the bill. There are three basic materials used to build fences: wood, metal, PVC, and vinyl. All types of fencing have their different advantages to making a business or residence safer.
1. Wood fence: People who desire a more natural appeal to their property typically choose traditional wood fencing that provides the basics of a fence with a quick and easy installation process. Wood fences have more adaptability, as they can fit into a particular aesthetic with merely changing the color.
Advantages: Natural appeal, affordable, an easy installation process.
Types of wood fences: Stockade, Shadowbox, Solid board, Picket and Split rail
2. Metal fences:Metal fencing is typically used for commercial properties, but it’s a very affordable material that many property owner’s choices for their fence installation. Metal fencing is also an excellent choice for business or homeowner owners with pets to keep them secure—several styles are available, such as chain-linked fences, plain galvanized, and vinyl-coated that comes in a variety of colors for people searching for a particular design.
Advantages: Economical, maintenance-free, pet control, graffiti resistant
Types of metal fences: chain-link, plain galvanized, vinyl-coated, and ornamental aluminum
3. Vinyl/PVC Fences:Vinyl fences are quickly becoming one of the main fencing options for business and homeowners, alike. It’s considered one of the most popular choices in fencing materials for property owners in the U.S. Although vinyl fencing is regarded as a pricier option that offers homeowners less maintenance with a more extended guarantee period.
Advantages: Low-maintenance, no need to paint, doesn’t rust or rot, reliable and flexible.
Types of vinyl fences: Privacy, semi-private, picket, and pool fences.